The 2014 World Cup kicks off today so we’d like to celebrate and wish the England team good luck with this #throwbackthursday!!
Answer these questions correctly by Friday 20 June and we’ll send you a BearingNet PINK PEN (these are in high demand) AND a screen wipe!! (Doesn’t get much better than that!)
1) 2014 will mark the first World Cup finals appearance for which nation?
2) What connects Zinedine Zidane, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and Wolfgang Weber?
3) Which player has made the most appearances at the World Cup?
4) How many players in this year’s 23-man England squad have scored at the World Cup?
5) The 1986 World Cup was held in Mexico – after which host country pulled out?
6) Which nation comes next? West Germany 1986, Argentina 1990, Italy 1994, Brazil 1998
7) Brazil are the only nation to have appeared at every World Cup. Which two nations have missed just two?
8) Which former Manchester United star is the youngest player to have appeared at the World Cup finals?
9) The 1950 World Cup was the only edition not to have what
10) Which was the only unbeaten nation at the 2010 World Cup?
11) Which two nations were banned from entering qualifying for the 1950 World Cup?
12) Which country was the first to host the World Cup twice?
13) England are one of only three nations to have won the World Cup but never lost a final. Who are the other two?
14) ‘We don’t trade jerseys with animals.’ Who said this in 1966, and about which team?
15) Name the five players to have been sent off in a World Cup final
16) Who, in 1990, became the oldest player to play at a World Cup?
17) Who comes next? Lato 1974, Kempes 1978, Rossi 1982, Lineker 1986
18) Who is the only player to have won three World Cups?
19) Which two people have won the World Cup as both player and manager?
20) Who was awarded the Golden Ball for player of the tournament in South Africa 2010?