So Apple had another of it’s launch events and announced the arrival of iOS8! Woo! Yay! You wait anxiously for the update to appear, go to install it and… Hang on a minute, you don’t have enough room to install.
Sound familiar? Many people have found that they are having to delete lots of photos, videos, even apps to try and make room. Even after all that some still aren’t able to install iOS8!
What do I do?
There is actually a simple way around this, so follow the steps below to update your device without the hassle!
- Back up your device. You don’t want to lose everything now do you! The likelihood of this happening is small, but better to be safe than sorry.
- Update iTunes. Go onto your PC or Mac and ensure you have the latest version of iTunes installed. If you don’t have it, download it from here.
- Plug your device into a power source, a USB into your computer is fine. If you lose power half way through an update you could corrupt your device.
- Open iTunes. Make sure your phone is connected to your computer via USB and iTunes should tell you there is an update for your device. If not, check that your device is compatible with iOS8. Go through the steps on your computer and iOS8 will start installing on your device.
- That’s it! You now have the latest operating system, with all the new features!